The Downtown Orillia Management Board offers ongoing support to the merchants who join the Downtown core. Here are a few examples of assistance you can expect to receive when you choose to do business in Downtown Orillia!
Contact us today if you have any questions or to take advantage of these helpful programs. You can also find the necessary applications and other important information under our Member Resources page.
– Facade Improvement Program
- Provides financial assistance to Downtown property owners undertaking improvements to the exterior of their building(s)
- Funded by the City of Orillia through its capital budget
– Signage Permit & Grant Assistance
- Every sign erected in the City of Orillia needs a permit and must be applied for at the City of Orillia Planning and Building Office. New business owners in Downtown Orillia also must visit the Downtown Orillia office before constructing their signs, as there are rules and regulations that must be adhered to.
- There are special requirements to complement the heritage theme of the Downtown. The D.M.B staff is happy to assist you in the process of meeting the heritage signage criteria and obtaining your sign permit.
- A Signage Grant Program has been implemented to assist you with the cost of your sign(s)
– Marketing and Promotional Assistance
- We are constantly thinking of fresh new events and promotions to attract people Downtown. Each Downtown member is encouraged to participate in as many Downtown initiatives as possible
- The D.M.B staff are responsible for rolling out each initiative and will provide you with anything and everything you need for each program
- Some of the Downtown events include:
- Mississaga Street Mania Sidewalk Sale
- Mariposa Folk Festival Downtown Stage
- Annual Classic Car Show
- Starry Night Art & Gallery Tour
- Children’s Candlelight Parade
- Black Friday Sale
- ….And MUCH more!