The Downtown Orillia Management Board Election Day is Monday November 19, 2018
Offices to be elected:
The Downtown Orillia Management Board consists of 9 Directors: eight elected members and one appointed by the City of Orillia Council. The directors will serve a four (4) year term beginning in December 2018 following appointment by the 2018-2022 City of Orillia Council.
Timeline for the 2018 election:
Monday, September 17, 2018 – Nominations open at 9:00am
Nomination forms will be mailed out or hand delivered.
Monday, October 22, 2018 – Nominations close at 5:00pm
Ballots will be mailed out or hand delivered.
Monday, November 19, 2018 – Voting Day 9:00am to 5:00pm
All mail in ballots MUST be received before 5:00pm on Voting Day.
On, November 19 2018, immediately following the close of vote, the ballot box shall be opened by two ODBIA staff members and the City Clerk, or designate, and all votes shall be counted. The unofficial results will be posted immediately following the count in the Downtown Orillia Office for a period of 10 days.
Who is eligible to run or vote?
- “Members of an improvement area consist of persons who are assessed, on the last returned assessment roll, with respect to rateable property in the area that is in a prescribed business property class and tenants of such property. 2001, c. 25, s. 204 (4)”
- “Each member of an improvement area has one vote regardless of the number of properties that the member may own or lease in the improvement area. 2001, c. 25 s.204 (6)”
- One ballot will be provided per member providing that member is deemed to be in good standing with respect to the BIA levy payable for the rateable property.
- Members listed as a corporate or business name or number shall, in writing, delegate the eligible vote to one person affiliated with the corporation or business. Such delegation shall be filed in writing by the principal or owner with the ODBIA Manager for the purposes of the Voters’ List.
- Such delegation does not provide the corporation or business with any authority to interfere in any manner with the secrecy of the delegated member’s vote.
For more information please contact the Downtown Orillia Management Board office:
705.325.3261 or firstname.lastname@example.org